Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 18: When to face the weights

So, there's an incredibly hot guy on YouTube that you may have heard of called Scott Herman, he's a personal trainer, underwear and fitness model and is slowly becoming a minor celebrity with his online following - He has a site where you can buy customised diet plans and such but more importantly he has a huge, vast catalogue of YouTube videos with health and fitness advice and workout routines.

I personally follow his Facebook page so that I get updates whenever he posts a new video, and one he's just posted has really made me think. Check it out:


Wasn't that interesting? I've often been told by personal trainers, both during workouts and when I used to work at a gym (I worked in sales so didn't really need any real health and fitness knowledge, just good sales skills) that doing weights is actually really good for weight loss - but no-one ever said why. Now Scott has explained it, it really does make a lot of sense, so I hope you've learnt something as I certainly have!

Now we have a problem. I'm pretty scared about doing weights at the gym! I'm quite comfortable pushing myself to exhaustion with Cardio while all the meat-heads and muscle boys use the scary heavy things. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to get over it. I don't intend to get over it this weekend though as I'd like to lose a little bit more weight so I'm a tad more comfortable with my figure before I venture into the meat-head section of my gym, but... at least I know what I should be doing now.

Today was the last day of my working week and I have a new 3-day weekend ahead of me now - my flat mates birthday party on Friday is still a terrifying prospect as I really don't want to be sabotaged. I hope I stay strong but I also don't want to upset her by not joining in (as if I don't join in and get drunk, I guarantee you, she'll be pissed off) - we'll see how it goes.

I've been a little naughty today in that I seriously overslept and had to literally jump out of bed and run out the house, thus no breafkast, and to make matters worse I was too tired to cook dinner so ended up having a couple of Mullerlights - at least the weekend has finally arrived so I have time to workout, rest properly and cook now!

Maybe I'll look at the classes at the gym tomorrow and see whether they offer a group weights class like BodyPump? That should be less intimidating as it will involve a trainer, studio and music... I know they won't do BodyPump itself as they don't offer Les Mills classes which is unfortunate, but perhaps they have an equivalent that I could maybe think about doing... maybe...

Breakfast: Nothing
Lunch: Jacket potato with 28g cheese & beans and a side salad
Dinner: 2x Mullerlight
x

1 comment:

  1. Yeah. Know that feeling of sabotage.
    It's my birthday this weekend... ah the celebrations...

    ReplyDelete